Act Now and Tell CCTA to Make an Equitable & Sustainable Transportation Plan for the County
The Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA) is planning to place a new half-cent sales tax for transportation on the March 2020 ballot, which would raise more than $3 billion over 30 years. It’s a critical opportunity to make Contra Costa County more affordable, safe, and healthy and ensure that residents with transportation barriers like seniors, youth, and people with disabilities can more easily get to where they need to go.
Tell your representatives that you want to see a bold, equitable expenditure plan with major investments in sustainable transportation options.
Save Mount Diablo and more than a dozen partner organizations are urging the CCTA to make the following commitments. More detailed asks are in our coalition platform.
Tell decision-makers that you support these demands:
- significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and vehicle miles traveled (VMT) and commit to no new GHG and VMT-inducing projects.
- increase funding on public transportation
- commit to an outcomes-oriented approach with measurable performance targets and binding criteria NOW, before the expenditure plan is approved, to determine how dollars are spent and ensure the plan results in the greatest public benefit for every dollar spent
- prioritize social equity and improve transportation options for all, especially those with the greatest transportation barriers, including youth, seniors, people of lower incomes, and people with disabilities
- commit to transparent public oversight and deep community engagement going forward